Interested in speaking for Tampa Devs? Check out some of our past talks here for examples
What are some of the benefits of giving a tech talk?
Benefits of giving a talk
- Boost in career. Speakers are sought after by companies, giving a talk usually gives you a chance to get higher pay raises and be labelled as an expert
- Improve your public speaking skills
- Excuse to learn something new
Tampa Devs will also provide the following as well:
- We'll upload the talk on youtube for you! And do all the video editing, marketing, and promotional material - you just focus on the talk
- We add a blog post entry so you can refer to it on your resume
- We send you a list of professional photography shots you can use to update on linkedin
Also if you do a talk your also welcome to do intro talks for upcoming meetups!
Topics are anything a software developer might want to know. Past topics we've done are on React, Git, DevOps, Game Dev, Typescript, IoT, Cloud architecture, etc to give some examples. We're always open to new ideas or do similar talks to ones we've done in the past
Non-specific software topics like SEO, entreuprenuership, life skills, UX design, etc are also welcome too!
Check out our past talks for inspiration
And upcoming events here for reference
Are you interested?
If your interested in these things, here's how to get started. We'll need a few things from you, these are for posting to the meetup event for advertising
- A talk title
- What the talk is about
- A speaker bio about yourself
Feel free to check out some of our past meetup pages as an example
How to get involved
Hit up one of the organizers on slack if you'd like to get involved
A link to the slack is found here
Also use the form below as well: