If you want to attend remotely, we'll post a zoom link in the comments around event time
We have two great talks for this event. After the talks, we'll open the floor for anyone who wants to do a lightning talk + networking
Talk1 - Introduction to TypeScript
What you'll learn:
- What is TypeScript?
- Why use TypeScript?
- Objects (Type Aliases and Interfaces)
- Union Types
- Literal Types
BIO: Zabi is a Fullstack developer at an IoT startup called GreenLight IoT. He has over 1.5 year of experience working in Angular, TypeScript, Node.js. He likes to play soccer and board games in his pastime.
Talk2 - How to ship a Unity game on Steam!
The talk will introduce you to indie adventure game development from A to Z, featuring the true story of the Joyfess game, and how it grew from a once mini-Flash game for a Flash middle school contest, to a real commercial game project.
What you'll learn about:
- What genre of games point-and-click adventure games are
- A quick glance at the indie adventure games landscape today
- A breakdown of what makes a point-and-click adventure game
- Unity basics and handling 2D adventure games on Unity
- Project workflow - how to approach an adventure game project as an indie developer
- Launch and marketing
BIO: Haritha is an aspiring data analyst with a background in econometrics and hands-on experience in building predictive models on Python (mostly Linear and Logistic Regression models). He is an adventure game designer hobbyist who designed the Joyfess game (launched on Steam in 2020). You might randomly run into him on the dancefloor dancing to his favorite: Salsa music!